JellyPages.com

Saturday, March 18, 2017

IAST Challenge 188


Occasionally I send one of my tiles to a friend of mine in Berlin, Germany. Her name is Renate and we met in the Maldives when we were both working there tons of years ago. What a great time we had! Anyway, her reply to each of my tiles was

"where are the colors" or
"I miss the colors" or
"if it was in color...".

She paints with paint, that explains it.

Only a few days ago same thing. So I thought "enough! you twisted my arm", and I took the subsequent challenge and turned it into a colored tile. I was lucky when next in line was IAST #188. The patterns fricle, zinger and fescu are easy and so is the string.


IAST #188 string


So I colored and colored and colored some more. My table top is colored now, too, and so are my fingers and my nose tip (I belong to those who draw with the nose almost touching the paper. I know, my mother always said...). So, Renate, this tile - in full color - is dedicated to you. It says so not only here but also in my sketch book. I hope you like it and that you are happy with me now.

I have to confess I enjoyed drawing it, but I doubt there will be another one like this any time soon.


IAST Challenge # 188 with Patterns: Fricle, Zinger, Fescu
Patterns: Fricle, Zinger, Fescu





2 comments:

  1. Congratulatiooons for a gorgeous colored tile.
    I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do???? Wow! Thank you very much, Gudrun. Although at the time I was sure this is going to be the first and last colored tile I ever draw, I have changed my mind a bit when I saw all the other IAST 188 colored tiles...and read your awesome comment. So...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...