JellyPages.com

Friday, March 31, 2017

Alphabet Challenge Letter M


Half Time! Everybody who kept drawing alphabet tiles gets a breather. You are half way through, or only 3 more months to go. ONLY??!! I am surprised how quick the first 3 months went by. I bet time got an update and is now much faster.

This week at MadeByJoey's website her theme 'finish my tile' has reached the letter M in the alphabet challenge. The pattern alongside the M is MI2. Maybe not a top favorite of mine, but I have a positive outlook.

I started drawing on 29th and suddenly I remembered something: March 29th 2017 is (now was) Manatee Appreciation Day. How co-incidental. So, one of my three tiles is dedicated to all remaining manatees on planet earth - and dugongs.

But first my capital M. The patterns that helped besides MI2 are merryweather and mask - both new to me.


Alphabet Letter Challenge M with patterns MI2, Merryweather and Mask
Patterns: MI2, Merryweather, Mask



Then the lowercase m with morning and morning glories. Yes, I stole the coloring idea from Ria Matheussen and her latest DIVA challenge contribution. They remind me of my English landlady when I studied English in London all those years ago. She was the unequivocal purple lady.


Alphabet Letter Challenge M with patterns MI2, Morning and Morning Glories
Patterns: MI2, Morning, Morning Glories



And here my Manatee Appreciation Day tile including a manatee - well, nothing wrong with my drawing, a manatee is just not a delicate beautiful animal to look at, but totally harmless and in dangerous of being extinct. Florida people, take good care of your remaining manatees.

This tile also looks most like Joey's m theme tile "Finish my Tile".


Alphabet Letter Challenge M with patterns MI2, Map and Man-O-Man
Patterns: MI2, Map, Man-o-Man and a manatee



Here the whole 'tile'.


Here the whole tile page for
Manatee Appreciation Day 29 March 2017




Animals Help Line

I cannot make up my mind: what is more sickening, dog baiting or killing bear and wolf families, mothers and their cups, while hibernating in their dens. How low do people stoop to get the thrill from a kill is beyond me.  Is that the latest trend sick (my upbringing prevents me from using a more descriptive word) and ego possessed people have come up with for their disgusting killing entertainment? Hunting animals the normal way has become too difficult because they killed all their game? I am sitting here shaking out of frustration and disbelieve!!!!

Hence - another appeal for a petition to be signed if you, too, think this slaughter of helpless victims cannot be accepted. Thank you very much.


Animal Happy Day

If you are still here, click on this video. Yes, you will cry, but they will be tears of joy...like the tears from this mother. And while you are watching, the background music will make you shed even more tears.




Link to next Alphabet Letter Challenge: N
Link to previous Alphabet Letter Challenge: L



4 comments:

  1. Thank you Susie for showing us your beautiful art. It is such a pleasure to look at your tiles. I really love them all.
    We all learn from each other. I don't see anything "stolen" on your tile, on the contrary, you have such a gorgeous personal style. P
    People who love animals are in my heart! Thank you for your courage to help them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I often look at a pattern and don't see anything special until someone else turns it inside out and I go WOW! It is this 'Thinking outside the Box' talent that some are born with...you, Ria, are among them. I am happy that we have a kindred spirit what concerns animals. Love you for it. And last, but not least, thank you for terrific comment.

      Delete
  2. You always do a great job on your tiles Susie but I think your Manatee is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Trudi, for a lovely comment.
      Hahaha! You mean the potato bag?

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...