JellyPages.com

Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Alphabet Challenge Letter J


Well, I had some good weeks with MadeByJoey's alphabet challenges recently, but the J (challenge # 155) week is not one of them - somehow I feel disconnected - my heart is not in it. Still, I made my usual capital and lowercase 'J' and hook them off as 'job's done'. We cannot feel up and on the go ALL the time, can we.

So then, to keep up with my New Year's resolution 2 heartless tiles stare at you. May I introduce you to my unhappy lowercase j...


Patterns: Jelly Roll, Jewellep, Jib, Jetties



...and my in the blues mood capital J. If you haven't noticed, J is covering an abyss as deep as my present state of happiness. And I have no right to be! Just today I read an article in our local newspaper and it reads: Thailand ranked world’s happiest nation by Bloomberg. By BLOOMBERG! It must be TRUE news.


Patterns: Jelly Roll, Jib, Jalousie




11 comments:

  1. Oh I wanted to do that pointy J Tangle and just couldn't do it! It looks so nice on your tile Susie! If it hadn't of been raining here all day yesterday maybe I would have been happier and been able to do it. The last weeks of winter with temperature's going up and down doesn't help. Today it's partially sunny maybe I should have waited? Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to figure out how to use jib too, but couldn't pull it off. Well done, Susie.

      Delete
    2. Trudi, Lori, thank you both for your sunny comments. Jib was easy, what was not easy for me was to "Finish My Tile" for Joey, which both of you did so excellently. Next week...next week (no, no fingers crossed behind my back).

      Delete
  2. Love your tiles, but the blue one really resonated with me. It's gorgeous!

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyce, welcome to the club of somber, dark souls. However, I am sure there is some sunshine at the K for both of us. My fingers are crossed.

      Delete
  3. Everyone has lesser days, when you can accept that, it is already a bit better. In England they say: every cloud has a silver lining and that is true.
    About your tiles: they both are wonderfull, as always. You have a very special and gorgeous style to draw;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ria, for your kind encouragement. Sometimes that cloud's silver lining is drawn with a 001 pen...and the distance...hard to see! But you remind me of Bette Midler's wisdom in her song Glory of Love where she sings: "...you gotta win a little, lose a little, yes, and always have the blues a little...". Do you happen to know the song?

      And thank you also for your inspirational comment on my tiles and my drawing style - even when at times it doesn't turn out to my best.

      Delete
  4. Oh my, but these are terrific! That electrified blue J is stunning! Sorry about the little downer mood. It's not fun having the blahs...but you still did do some nice work here. good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, HeidiSue, electrified - love it. That blue J was actually a pattern joice mistake. I noticed too late that my J was too fancy and would be lost in the busy background. So I had to 'electrify' it to stick out, and it does, doesn't it.

      Delete
  5. If your were in a blue mood.... I LOVE your blue tile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dahh, placed the reply wrong...AGAIN! You, too, Susan, get free admission to the growing club of somber, dark souls. And you get a most gracious thank you for your tile comment from the founder.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you have time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...